Basic Bid Writing - Bristol Impact Fund 2
What is this course about?
The course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to write a funding application to the Bristol Impact Fund.
It can be hard to get funding for your group, and even small bids present a challenge if you aren’t sure of the right approach. This workshop will take you through the basics from identifying the right opportunity to receiving a grant.
Who is the course for?
Staff and Trustees/Directors/Committee Members
• This course will assist your organisation in developing your application to the Bristol Impact Fund.
• It is designed to help organisations understand and meet the councils baseline standards for Bristol Impact Fund grants.
• In particular, this course is aimed at smaller organisations who have limited experience and/or capacity and who may not have applied for a council grant previously.
This course is a free course. However it is only available for some organisations who are applying to Bristol City Council for the Bristol Impact Fund https://www.voscur.org/bristol-impact-fund2. To find out whether your organisation is eligible for a place on this course, please complete our online form https://www.voscur.org/bif-2021 and a member of our team will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
Voscur recommends you attend one of our free 1 hour briefing sessions prior to attending this training course as this will give you the details need to know about the Bristol Impact Fund criteria and application process.
What will you learn?
- Identifying the right grant funding source for your group
- Checking eligibility
- Preparing to apply
- Writing a good bid
- Using evidence to support your application
- Managing your fundraising
What else do they need to know?
You will need to know basic information about your group - what sort of group you are and roughly what you need to fundraise for.
Please note the session will be recorded, however discussion sessions involving participants and zoom images will be edited out of the recording.
To take part you will need a laptop with a camera, microphone, and Wi-Fi. You will not require any additional software. You will be emailed an invitation with a link to join the online training prior to the course. Voscur is running all our training online due to the ongoing public health situation with coronavirus (or COVID-19). This decision was taken in line with local and national heavlth advice, and to safeguard the health of our attendees and staff.
Click here to book your place.