Being a Good Board Member
As a new board member it can be difficult to know exactly what is expected of you. This course will give you the knowledge and confidence to be an effective board member from the start. This interactive session will walk you through your governing role and covers legal responsibilities and the essentials of good governance, including the questions you should be asking.
What will I learn?
- The legal structure and governing document for your organisation
- The roles and responsibilities of board members
- Strategic vs operational roles
- The governance code and what good and bad governance looks like
- Essential tools and resources
Who is the course for?
- New charity trustees
- New charitable company/CIC directors
- Experienced board members wanting a refresher
- Anyone considering joining a management committee or board
- Anyone advising or working with governing boards
What else do I need to know?
- The course is delivered by Voscur’s governance and training experts
- During the session you will work collaboratively in small groups and network with board members from other organisations
Quotes from previous participants:
"Good balance of information and interaction and achieved all the aims. Well delivered with great enthusiasm!”
“Very good session, hit all the relevant points”
"Excellent quality facilitation and knowledge, really good value for money and local venue was great".
Click here to book your place.
Voscur cancellation policy:
If you cancel your place on a training course you will need to give at least 2 weeks' notice. Less than 2 weeks' notice will result in the full cost of the course being invoiced.
Voscur reserves the right to withdraw a course at any time. In these circumstances, participants will be offered a full refund or an alternative course or date, if applicable