Building Emotional Resilience in Communities
Community Access Support Service invites members of community, equalities and faith groups to join us to explore the practicalities of building emotional resilience within Bristol's diverse communities.
Over the last few years community groups and local services have faced cuts and increased demand, while individuals are facing daily social and economic pressures. Research shows a strong link between inequalities and poor mental health outcomes, and city decision makers are keen to address this by strengthening community resilience.
Our event will:
- Empower community groups to build resilience through supporting the emotional wellbeing of members
- Showcase organisations offering practical resources and support to keep groups running
- Enable groups to feed back on what they need to build healthy and resilient communities, the barriers they face and highlight local success stories
Groups will have the chance to:
- Explore what resilience means to different communities, and ask what is needed to build it
- Tailor a Toolkit of local support and information based on individual group and member needs
- Network with people in other communities and meet organisations who can offer support to individuals and groups
The day will be full of talks, networking opportunities and interactive sessions to allow you to contribute. All participants will receive a Toolkit Template and will be able to tailor it to their own needs by picking up information and resources throughout the day, and will receive resources from organisations speaking at the event and holding stalls.
Vegetarian lunch and refreshments will be provided.
For more information and to book, please visit Eventbrite: https://cassnetworkevent.eventbrite.co.uk