Introduction to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This session is perfect for those who are unsure about what GDPR is and would like to understand where to make a start in planning for the regulation coming into force in May 2018. The main outcome of this session is to support you to understand more about how you can be responsible for data and prepare for GDPR as an organisation.
This session will enable you to:
- understand if the GDPR is relevant for your organisation
- understand what data and information the GDPR relates to
- develop an understanding of key terminology including 'data processing' and 'consent'
- understand what the requirements are around seeking consent
- understand which entities are responsible when third parties are involved with collecting or storing data for your organisation
The session provides a high level overview of GDPR and a range of resources will be shared to enable you to choose the right approach for GDPR preparedness for your organisation.
Practical GDPR session - Wednesday 25 April 2018, 1pm - 4pm.
If you are planning to attend this session or have already attended the previous introduction to GDPR sessions that we have run, we highly recommend attending the practical GDPR session which is being held from 1pm - 4pm on this day at the same venue.
Click here to book your place.
Voscur cancellation policy:
If you cancel your place on a training course you will need to give at least 2 weeks' notice. Less than 2 weeks' notice will result in the full cost of the course being invoiced.
Voscur reserves the right to withdraw a course at any time. In these circumstances, participants will be offered a full refund or an alternative course or date, if applicable