Navigating Community Asset Transfer
Are you interested in leasing a building or land from Bristol City Council and want to find out about Community Asset Transfer (CAT) and understand the application process? Have you already started on the process and want help to make it successful?
This event is for VCSE organisations interested in finding out about CAT - whether you have little understanding of what it is or are already in the application process.
At this event you will:
- Find out what Community Asset Transfer (CAT) is.
- Hear from Bristol City Council - what they need from organisations applying for CAT, the wider context as well as what their priorities are.
- Work through the CAT process from start to finish, with the expertise and support of Bristol City Council and Voscur staff. By the end of this session you will have a greater understanding of:
- the benefits and liabilities of taking on and managing your asset
- what the Council's criteria are
- what the whole process involves, including negotiating terms
- what will change or need to be done differently to make it successful and sustainable
- possible options of where to go for support and professional advice
- Learn lessons from an organisation that has completed their CAT process.
There will also be an opportunity to network with other organisations in a similar position to share what's worked and strengthen your plans.
Click here to book your place.