Practical Financial Management For Charities
This course will explore in more depth practical financial management for charities (preparing management accounts and monitoring budgets, understanding statutory accounts and the Trustees' Annual Report (TAR)).
What will this course cover?
- Key components of management accounts and how to present them
- Budgets/ forecasting – how to create and report against
- Interpretation of accounts – overview of the differences between cash basis and accruals basis accounting, followed by example accounts exercise, group discussion and then key pointers/ things to consider from a technical perspective – revenue recognition, cut-off principles etc.
What will you learn?
- What to focus on when preparing / presenting management accounts
- Key aspects of Financial Statements and how to present them (including the Trustees Annual Report)
- How to compile a budget and cash flow forecast
- Understanding of budget variances and when to report on them
Who is the course for?
Non finance managers working in the charity sector and trustees looking to understand financial information.
What else do you need to know?
This course would suit those with some experience of charity finance.
Unfortunately this course is fully booked, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details of the next financial management course.
Voscur cancellation policy:
If you cancel your place on a training course you will need to give at least 2 weeks' notice. Less than 2 weeks' notice will result in the full cost of the course being invoiced.
Voscur reserves the right to withdraw a course at any time. In these circumstances, participants will be offered a full refund or an alternative course or date, if applicable.