Safeguarding - Bristol Impact Fund
What is this course about?
This course sets out the baseline standards expected for the Bristol Impact Fund around safeguarding (for adults and children).
It explains the basic requirements all groups and organisations to put in place to keep their service users, staff, volunteers and other stakeholders safe from harm, abuse and exploitation.
Who is the course for?
Staff and trustees, directors and committee members.
• This course will assist your organisation in developing your application to the Bristol Impact Fund.
• It is designed to help organisations understand and meet the councils baseline standards for Bristol Impact Fund grants.
• In particular, this course is aimed at smaller organisations who have limited experience and/or capacity and who may not have applied for a council grant previously.
This course is a free course. However, it is only available for some organisations who are applying to Bristol City Council for the Bristol Impact Fund. To find out whether your organisation is eligible for a place on this course, please complete our online form and a member of our team will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
Voscur recommends you attend one of our free 1 hour briefing sessions prior to attending this training course as this will give you the details need to know about the Bristol Impact Fund criteria and application process.
What will you learn?
- What is safeguarding and who does it apply to?
- The Care Act, and how legal responsibilities apply to your organisation’s work.
- How to decide which policies and procedures your organisation requires (and the associated roles, responsibilities and systems to put them into practice).
- Staff training requirements.
- How to identify specific areas of your work that may require particular focus for safeguarding.
- Relevant data protection requirements.
- When DBS checks should be used, and how to get them.
- How to manage concerns or allegations within your organisation.
- How to make an appropriate referral to the Bristol Safeguarding Board.
- Tools, templates and resources available to support best practice.
What else do you need to know?
Please note the session will be recorded, however discussion sessions involving participants and Zoom images will be edited out of the recording.
To take part, you will need a laptop with a camera, microphone, and Wi-Fi; You won't need any extra software. You will be emailed an invitation with a link to join the online training before the course.
Voscur is running all our training online due to the ongoing public health situation with coronavirus (or COVID-19). This decision was taken in line with local and national health advice, and to safeguard the health of our attendees and staff.
Click here to book your place.