Sleep Out 2020
We are so excited that Sleep Out 2020 is going ahead this year being held on the evening of Friday 6th November!
Young people will be heading into winter with reduced support as so many services are unable to deliver, or have been cut. There are fewer job opportunities, the pandemic’s economic impact is hitting young people the hardest of all age groups. This November, young people will experience increased anxiety about where they will be spending the nights during the colder months. For them, there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
Coronavirus has been difficult for everyone, but for young people, the future is very uncertain. We need support from you and your communities more than ever before.
Find somewhere creative to SLEEP OUT
- In your car
- In the office at work
- On the trampoline
- In a tent in your garden
- In a cardboard shelter inside
FUNDRAISE as a team or on your own
JOIN IN to our virtual entertainment on the night here's a little taster of what's to come...
- An insightful talk with 1625ip CEO and Bristol’s Deputy Lieutenant Dom Wood.
- Interviews with 1625ip young people about our service and how we have helped them.
- A comedy show with award winning comedian Harriet Dyer (as seen / heard on Absolute Radio, BBC Radio 4, BBC3, ITV1&Be)
- A bedtime story with biological anthropologist, biologist, author and television presenter Alice Roberts (as seen on Channel 4's Time Team and BBC 2 Coast)T
- The chance to win some prizes such as a 2-night stay and breakfast at The Rag House in the King Suite for 2 which is just 10 minutes away from the charming Riverside town Upton-upon-Severn. (for our top individual fundraiser)
Community fun: At 1625ip, we are all about community. You may have got closer to your neighbour and others on your street over the last few months. Get them involved and make it a night to look forward to in small groups of neighbours (following government guidelines on numbers).
Team building: You can make this a team effort with your colleagues, community group and friends (from across the country!), either in person or in separate locations. You can fundraise as a team, and bond together whilst supporting young people!
A challenge for everyone: This is a fundraising challenge, but you can make it your challenge. It will be colder in November, so please only sleep outside if this is safe for you. If you have a family with young children, you can build a cardboard shelter in the living room!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
SIGN UP to Sleep Out with your neighbours, your community group, your colleagues, your family or even on your own