Social Value Briefing
Come along to this briefing to update your knowledge of social value and how it's used in commissioning in Bristol. This briefing session will be followed by a practical session on measuring and evidencing social value in commissioning - this will be running early 2020 (details to be confirmed shortly).
According to the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012, commissioners must consider social value (the wider social, economic and environmental benefits) when they commission public services. Commissioners are encouraged to talk to the local community when they design, improve and commission services.
Bristol City Council have recently published a new policy for social value within commissioning. This course will cover:
- The new approach from Bristol City Council.
- What this means for your organisation.
- How you measure and evidence social value.
- How to access the social value portal.
Who is the course for: Staff and Trustees of organisations already engaged in commissioning, and anyone interested in updating their knowledge of social value.
What will you learn:
- The changes to Bristol City Council Social Value Policy.
- What social value means in terms of your work.
What else do you need to know?
- You should be familiar with previous social value policy.
- Your group's existing approach to social value.
Click here to book your place.
Voscur cancellation policy:
If you cancel your place on a training course you will need to give at least 2 weeks' notice. Less than 2 weeks' notice will result in the full cost of the course being invoiced.
Voscur reserves the right to withdraw a course at any time. In these circumstances, participants will be offered a full refund or an alternative course or date, if applicable.