Understanding Forced Marriage
Forced Marriage Training (CPD accredited – 1 hour) with The Sky Project, a registered Bristol charity working to reduce the number of forced marriage cases in Bristol and the South West.
Sabeena Pirooz will be running another CPD accredited training session for 1 hour. Tickets are £10, plus a small administration fee, which will go straight back into the charity.
This session is aimed at developing an understanding of forced marriage and will cover:
- Definition of Forced Marriage, why it occurs across different cultures and to women and men.
- Difference between a Forced Marriage and an Arranged Marriage.
- Key warning signs of Forced Marriages.
- The legal position.
- Supporting someone experiencing Forced Marriage and/or Honour-Based Violence.
Who is the training for?
All professionals that may come into contact with forced marriage victims, such as:
- Social workers.
- Education staff.
- Legal sector workers.
- Police officers.
- Health sector staff.
- Voluntary sector workers.
Due to the size of the room, spaces are limited for each session. Should any reach their full capacity, we will contact you to confirm any other future sessions.
Click here to book your place via Eventbrite.