Being a Good Board Member
Too many board members / trustees still fail to understand their duties, and over half the Charity Commission's investigations involve basic failures. Yet in the current climate, strong governance is more important than ever for charities to manage risk and achieve their objectives.
What will I learn?
- Essential roles, responsibilities and duties of being a board member / charity trustee
- How to avoid common mistakes and make being a trustee rewarding
Who is the course for?
- New trustees
- Experienced trustees wanting a refresher
- Anyone considering becoming a trustee, such as management committee members
- Anyone advising or working with charity boards
What else do I need to know?
- You will take away a range of support materials
- The course is delivered by Voscur
Quotes from previous participants:
"Delivered exactly what the program promised and answered all of my questions - as well as gave me lots to be able to do my job".
"Excellent quality facilitation & knowledge, really good value for money and local venue was great".
Voscur cancellation policy:
If you cancel your place on a training course you will need to give at least 2 weeks' notice. Less than 2 weeks' notice will result in the full cost of the course being invoiced.
Voscur reserves the right to withdraw a course at any time. In these circumstances, participants will be offered a full refund or an alternative course or date, if applicable.