Home / Calender / Event / Bristol: A Power Sharing City Inclusive of Substantive Afrikan Heritage Community Representation?
Bristol: A Power Sharing City Inclusive of Substantive Afrikan Heritage Community Representation?
• What does an inclusive fairer city look like to People of Afrikan Heritage Communities (AHC)?
• What would it mean to share power in the city?
• What policies in Afrikan Heritage Community best interests do we want to put forward to practically realise the Mayor’s Visions?
The Global Afrikan Peoples Parliament, Partners and Stakeholders invite you to a Change-makers’ glocal conference – focussed on setting an agenda for Bristol with the African Heritage Communities as co pilots in reshaping our City. The conference will include interactive workshops encouraging Participatory Democracy!
1. To develop culturally appropriate processes of dialogue with grass-roots Afrikan Heritage Communities on key aspects of Bristol city policies and practices with emphasis upon power-sharing, and with particular interest in those policies espoused by Mayor-Elect Marvin Rees as being his priorities for a better inclusive and fairer city.
2. To ensure the progressive voices of Afrikan Heritage communities are placed and remain included at the centre of the City’s vision.
3. To ensure the practical realisation of the collective potential of Afrikan Heritage Communities in shaping the Bristol Change-making agenda
4. To bring Bristol into the wider glocal context being shaped with relevance to the United Nations Decade for People of African Descent and the Goals of Sustainable World Development by organisations of the Afrikan Heritage Communities such as the GAPP in and beyond the UK.
• Grass roots people from Afrikan Heritage Communities be they of various Nationalities or identities e.g Somali, Black British, African Caribbean, Nigerian, Dominican, Guyanese, Ghanaian, Afro Brazilian, West Indian etc
• Bristol Elected Mayor Marvin Rees
• Councillors serving areas highly populated by the AHC
• Young people 11 – 30
• Any other interested person, professional or organisation
Light refreshments will be available
Donations towards covering the costs of the event are welcome
How to book: