Caring for the Carers (unpaid Carers)
Caring for a family member or friend can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience. But it can be challenging and isolating too. It can be daunting and confusing dealing with professionals, local authorities and benefits. Sometimes it’s difficult to know where to start. It can also be stressfull so here is a workshop aimed at you looking after yourself, because carers need to be cared for too.
Carers Support Centre is running a one off workshop to introduce you to relaxation techniques.
Natacha is a trained French beautician and a counselling student. She has worked in France and in England within the Health and Social Care field and she is keen to share her knowledge with Carers.
The aim of the session is:
· To demonstrate the importance of taking care of yourself and those you care for
· To show relaxation techniques
· Having time for yourself through quick relaxing massage
· Time for exchange and communication between carers
· Learning about massage so carers can do this for the person they care for
This could be done through: · Hand massage, Facial massage, Back massage, or other stress relieving methods
Our courses are free and open to anyone caring for a family member or friend in Bristol or South Gloucestershire. For an informal chat or to reserve a place please contact us:
Tel: 0117 958 9988