Home / Calender / Event / Challenging Islamophobia
An informative, creative mix of talks by activists, academics and wonderful Bristolians. There will be workshops, spoken word performance, short films, music, photography, artwork and delicious food.
This fantastic event would be particularly useful if you are a decision maker, community leader, an organisation that works with refugees or asylum seekers, youth worker, foster carer, or work in equalities or education,
This is Interculture’s launch event. A new exciting social enterprise that supports and celebrates intercultural communication through workshops, training and events. We have chosen Challenging Islamophobia for our first event in response to the continued negative media representation of Muslims, the inhumane treatment of refugees and the PREVENT programme.
- Tariq Modood; founding director of Ethnicity and Citizenship research at Bristol University
- Hassan Mahamdallie, a writer, playwright and Director of the Muslim Institute
- Rizwan Ahmed – Chaplin at Bristol University and Bristol Muslim Cultural Society
- SARI (Stand Against Racism and Inequality)
- Maz Saleem; prolific anti-racism campaigner
- Weyman Bennet - Stand Up To Racism
- Narazin Massoumi - Bath University
- Zahid Gill – Totterdown Mosque
- Jeremy Clarke - Stop the War
Additional speakers and artists to be announced.
Lunch provided by Bristol Hospitality Network, included in the ticket price along with refreshments.
Community Colab will run the afternoon workshops to explore creative ways of challenging Islamophobia whilst connecting participants and organisations. The aim is to create space for potential collaboration on projects or give people the chance to talk to the speakers or each other about this incredibly important subject.
The screening of the winning three short films from our competition. The theme is 'Challenging Islamophobia' and there will be a prize. If interested in entering the competition, please email: email@example.com.
How to book:
Head over to our Eventbrite page to purchase a ticket before the day: