Home / Calender / Event / Introduction to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Introduction to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This session is perfect for those who are unsure about what GDPR is and would like to understand where to make a start in planning for the regulation coming into force in May 2018. The main outcome of this session is to support you to understand more about how you can be responsible for data and prepare for GDPR as an organisation.
This session will enable you to:
- understand if the GDPR is relevant for your organisation
- understand what data and information the GDPR relates to
- develop an understanding of key terminology including 'data processing' and 'consent'
- understand what the requirements are around seeking consent
- understand which entities are responsible when third parties are involved with collecting or storing data for your organisation
The session provides a high level overview of GDPR and a range of resources will be shared to enable you to choose the right approach for GDPR preparedness for your organisation.
How to book:
Click here to book your place.
We have limited places available on this course so can only allow one participant per organisation.
Please note for all cancellations made within 2 working days or non-attendance there is a £15 admin charge.