Restorative Justice Training in Somerset
- Are you interested in helping to empower victims of crime, & anti-social behaviour.
- Are you a good listener, non-judgmental and a fair minded person.
- Are you able to work with people from a range of diverse backgrounds & walks of life.
- Would you like to make a positive contribution to your community.
- Are you able to volunteer 102 hours per year for 2 years. (daytimes/weekends and/or evenings) – about 2 hours per week
- Would you like to receive high quality free training.
If the answer is YES, we are offering you the chance to become a Volunteer Restorative Justice Facilitator in Somerset or North Somerset or Bath & North East Somerset. You will gain valuable knowledge and skills so that you can have supportive conversations meeting victims and offenders, facilitating restorative justice sessions between them, and working alongside professionals within the community and the criminal justice system.
It will be your role as a volunteer RJ facilitator to talk to those that have been harmed and those that have potentially caused the harm. You will then facilitate any resulting face-to-face meetings or correspondence to help both harmed and persons responsible move forwards positively with their lives.
Volunteers will need to have excellent communication and listening skills. You will need to undergo the 3 day Accredited Restorative Justice Facilitator training course on the dates below which will equip volunteers with the skills necessary to facilitate client meetings. We hope you will be able to attend the introductory day below too. However, if this is not possible please get in touch to discuss alternative arrangements.
Introduction and information session
Wed 25th September 1:30 - 4:30
3 Day Facilitator training 2017
Tuesday 7th November 9.30 – 5.30
Wednesday 8th November 9.00 – 5.00
Thursday 9th November 9.00 – 4.30
For further information and an application pack please contact:
Steve Marsden, Bristol Mediation on 0117 9415379
or email email@example.com
Closing date 13 Oct 2017.
Please complete our application form and equal oportunites form