Home / Calender / Event / WECIL Conference - Direct Payments: benefits & barriers and employing personal assistants
WECIL Conference - Direct Payments: benefits & barriers and employing personal assistants
This free one-day conference, organised by the West of England Centre for Inclusive Living (WECIL), looks at the benefits and barriers of direct payments and hiring personal assistant(s) for different groups of disabled people.
Topics include: choice and control, direct payments, the PA/employer relationship and the Care Act.
Speakers include: Alex Fox, Shared Lives CEO; Dr Tom Shakespeare/Dr Tom Porter, researcher at University of East Anglia; Lindsay Winterton, Care Act Lead, Bristol City Council.
The conference may be of particular interest to people mentioned below:
- Local authority staff working on personalisation, self-directed support and direct payments;
- CCG & NHS staff working in continuing healthcare, personal health budgets and integrated personal commissioning;
- Staff from direct payments support organisations;
- Disabled people and parent/carers who receive direct payments and employ personal assistants who would like to share their expertise;
- Brokers and advocates working in support planning;
- Personal assistants working with disabled people.
Find the full programme on our website.
How to book:
Booking is essential, please register here: http://wecilconference2015.eventbrite.co.uk