Category: Partnership and collaboration
This part of the course looks at engaging your customers. Voscur's Starting Out course is a step by step guide to starting up or developing your idea for social change whether you want to start a charity or social business. These sessions will look at your idea (or the work you have already started) and focus on what exactly what you are trying to achieve, the social benefit you want to create, and who you want to be involved.
Wednesday, 6 January, 2021 - 18:00 to 20:30
This course will look at two key aspects of voluntary, community or social enterprise organisations – involving customers and the people who will benefit. By digging into what customers and service users need, you can develop and market your service or product. This session is one of six supporting the development of new ideas for social businesses. Each session can be attended as a stand alone or taken as one of 3 or 6 sessions building to a full course.
Who is the course for?
This course is for people who have identified the change they want to make and amy have started working on it but arent sure how to move to the next stage.
What will you learn?
This course will help you to:
- Understand the terms and language used when you talk about customers and people who benefit from your social business or organisation. You'll be able to use this terminology when you communicate about your social business online, in writing, or in person - for example, when you appeal to customers, funders or volunteers.
- Work out the levels of involvement your organisation needs to best serve its purpose.
- Identify how to market your service efficiently: who are you trying to appeal to, and how can you attract them?
What will you need?
To take part you will need a laptop with a camera, microphone, and Wi-Fi. You won't need any additional software. You will be emailed an invitation with a link to join the online training prior to the course.
Please come prepared with a good idea and/or a new business or community group project .
Booking and additional information
This session is part of our Starting Out course, providing you with the knowledge to set up your charity or social business. For details on the other five parts, please see below:
- Part 1: Your Idea into Action.
- Part 2: Making an Impact.
- Part 3: Business Planning.
- Part 4: Engaging your Customers.
- Part 5: Balancing the Books.
- Part 6: Working with Others.
Each session can be attended as a stand-alone or booked in a discounted block of 3 or 6 sessions, building to a full course.
Price: £40 per session; if you book three sessions, the cost is discounted to £90 (£30 each), and if you book all six sessions, the price is discounted to £150 (£25 each). Those who attend all six sessions are offered the fantastic opportunity of free Action Learning Set sessions, by Jess Woodsford from Inclusive Futures and SEER, to help you summarise and extend your learning following the course.