Category: Money matters
This course will give you an introduction to the basics around financial management for charities (legal requirements, SORP, best practice management reporting.) Organised/hosted by: Voscur and Gerrard Financial Consulting
Thursday, 11 March, 2021 - 09:45am - 1:00pm
What will this course cover:
- An overview of differing charity legal structures
- Annual reporting requirements
- Record keeping - including overview of different fund types and importance of fund/ project tracking. Discuss how this works in practice with computerised packages
- Group session around what constitutes best practice management account content and review what management might like to see v trustees at board meetings
What will you learn?
- The different types of charity structure
- Key financial management aspects of the Trustees Annual Report
- Fund accounting for charities
- What to include in a set of management accounts
Who is the course for?
- Non finance managers working in the charity sector
- Those new to charity finance
- Trustees would also benefit as a way of ensuring that they understand their financial responsibilities.
Price: £94, around 40% off for Voscur Full Members on our half day courses, 20% off for Voscur Affiliates.
Full members: £55
Become a member today
What else do you need to know?
To take part you will need a laptop with a camera, microphone, and Wi-Fi. You will not require any additional software. You will be emailed an invitation with a link to join the online training prior to the course. Voscur is running all our training online due to the ongoing public health situation with coronavirus (or COVID-19). This decision was taken in line with local and national health advice, and to safeguard the health of our attendees and staff. We are aware that many VCSE organisations in the city are focusing their efforts on providing and changing their services to respond to communities. For more information about coronavirus, see https://www.voscur.org/content/covid19-service-users.
If you cancel your place on a paid for training course you will need to give at least 2 weeks' notice in which case a full refund/credit note will be issued. Less than 2 weeks' notice will result in the full cost of the course being invoiced (not being refunded/credited), unless you can give the place to somebody else. If the place is transferred to someone else there may be an adjustment on payment/fee depending on their/their organisations membership status.
If you have been offered a free place, or the training you have booked is a free session: if you do not cancel giving at least 2 weeks' notice and you fail to attend (and are unable to send someone in your place) an admin fee of £25 will be charged, we will invoice you/your organisation.