COVID-19 running your organisation
Funding and resources
- For COVID-19 emergency and recovery grants, please see our funding opportunities page - updated regularly.
- A help sheet, Charity fraud in a pandemic, by the Fraud Advisory Panel is to help charities understand the additional fraud risks during coronavirus (and any other pandemics). The sheet was created in collaboration with Cancer Research UK, the Charity Commission, CFG, the National Cyber Security Centre, and the Small Charities Coalition.
- UK Fundraising has a list of virtual fundraising tools to help your organisation adapt to losing traditional fundraising methods during COVID-19.
Government-related updates specifically for the VCSE sector
- The government has published updated guidelines for VCSE organisations and groups on volunteering during the pandemic. You can read a Voscur summary here.
- The Office for Civil Society has issued guidance for VCSE organisations and groups on volunteering and volunteer management in the second lockdown.
- The government has created a webpage, COVID-19 guidance for voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations, with a comprehensive list of trusted resources for the sector. It was issued by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, and the Office for Civil Society. The webpage includes advice for VCSE sector employers and employees, funding sources, and volunteering information.
- The Justice Secretary has said it may be legal for companies to insist that new staff have have been vaccinated against coronavirus. However, the government has said it would be 'discriminatory' to insist existing employees are vaccinated to keep their jobs. In theory, a request that staff are vaccinated (unless they cannot be vaccinated due to a medical condition) could be written into an employment contract for new staff after analysing health and safety risks and job requirements.
- HR News has published tips on how to improve document security when working from home. Data is at risk of a higher breach when staff are working remotely.
- A new Voscur briefing, on VCSE sector needs in the first lockdown, has been published. We welcome feedback on the briefing - please email email@example.com.
- Voscur has launched a free online peer support network for VCSE organisation managers, which will meet every fortnight for an informal 90-minute session. Upcoming sessions will be listed on the events calendar - please book to attend, so we have an idea of numbers.
- Charity Digital Code has produced a free COVID-19 digital checklist for trustees and leaders, helping you track your organisation's progress with digital technology and work towards digital goals, with different topics to discuss in board meetings. The checklist will grow as more information and insights are added throughout the pandemic.
- Re-opening village and community halls - Action for Communities in Rural England (ACRE) have published guidance on safely re-opening community buildings based on the two metre social distancing guidance.
- Bates Wells have produced a webinar about legal issues you may need to consider for your organisation at this time. It's available on demand.
For weekly updates, subscribe to our regular email bulletin.