CHANGING TIMES & EVOLVING CULTURES
A 10 week course which explores, how we are all impacted by ‘differences’. This is a rare opportunity to engage in some challenging, sensitive and controversial topics within a safe and supportive environment.
· Exploring cultural assumptions and prejudices
· Marriage/partnerships from various perspectives
· Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
· Working with refugees and asylum seekers
· Gender and Sexuality
· Diversity within Islam
· Mental health in the context of cultural difference
Each morning will consist of a theoretical seminar, an opportunity to practice your listening skills and a process group to explore the above issues.
WHO THE COURSE IS FOR:
Counsellors/psychotherapists, social workers, mental health professionals, individuals from statutory and non-statutory services, individuals from the third sector, teachers, medical professionals, those working in the care industry, and anyone interested in the above topics.
THE COURSE WILL OFFER YOU:
• The opportunity for personal development and increasing self-awareness in the context of cultural difference.
• The ability to respond more sensitively to a diverse client base by learning key listening and counselling skills within a Humanistic therapeutic framework.
• A development of multi-cultural competences which will help you to accommodate diversity in the working and personal environment.
TIME AND DATE:
This is a 10 week course that will run on a Friday morning:
10.00am – 1.00pm, from 20th Jan – 24th March 2017.
Barton Hill Settlement, Barton Hill, 43 Ducie Rd, Bristol, Avon BS5 0AX. http://www.bartonhillsettlement.org.uk/
There is plenty of on-street parking in the roads around the Settlement.
Light refreshments will be available.
The course costs £275 per person, a £50 deposit is required to secure your place.
Your acceptance of a place is subject to your suitability. There will be two places for students/trainees at £200 on a first come first serve basis.
TO APPLY :
Please contact me on the details below:
email@example.com or phone on 07480943378.
MSc, Dip. Counselling, MBACP (Accred). UKRCP Reg. Ind. Practitioner.
Ounkar is currently a consultant with FORWARD, which is committed to gender equality and safeguarding the rights of African girls and women. She worked for The Refugees and Asylum Seekers Counselling Service with Womankind (Bristol). She has a small private practice in Bristol and is an accredited Race Equality Trainer.
LouAnne Lachman, MBACP (Accred).
LouAnne is in private practice in Bristol. She has facilitated workshops on racism issues with both a UKCP committee and with a small community group. She has had a very diverse history, having lived on 5 different continents before the age of 20. She is especially keen to work with issues of 'difference' in more depth and interested in co-facilitating this course and gain further understanding.