1. Planning your funding bid
To help ensure your fundraising activities are well planned and targeted, this service offers early input on your fundraising aims to ensure you’re making best use of your time, rather than pursuing unsuitable funders and unviable proposals.
How does it work?
We ask you to send us (to firstname.lastname@example.org):
- A brief project overview or ‘elevator pitch’;
- The name of the funder or funders you have in mind to apply to;
- A couple of bullet points to demonstrate evidence of need;
- A list of the project's intended outcomes;
- An estimated total budget.
- Does the project appear viable? (Yes or no and why.)
- Are there comparable local services/organisations already? How do they relate to the proposed project?
- Does the project fit with the intended funder? (Yes or no and why, plus other potential funders.)
- Next steps: key points in developing the project (by phone or a face-to-face meeting).
2. Funding Application Review Service
This service provides constructive, timely feedback on a draft funding application to increase:
- the quality of your bid
- your chances of success
- your confidence in explaining your proposal
- your own skills and learning for future bids
"We got really good feedback that helped us to keep improving and understanding what we had missed out. We have now successfully received 3 different grants from 5 bids written so we’re really happy with the support." (Trinity Community Gardens)
Current rates are as follows:
Reviews are fixed-price depending on the value of your bid. Voscur members get a discounted rate, and the service is open to organisations that are not yet Voscur members.
|Value of bid||Voscur Member||Associate Member||Non-member|
|Less than £25,000||£60||£70||£145|
|£500,000+||Consultancy rates||Consultancy rates||Consultancy rates|
Terms and conditions (for both services):
- We have simple eligibility criteria to ensure applications are appropriate and Voscur can act independently: click here.
- Voscur cannot guarantee to review all applications and funders' decisions are beyond our control.
- Specific terms and conditions for FARS.
- Click here for more information about Voscur membership.