Funding for Black-led grassroots organisations and projects supporting Black women and girls
Grants of up to £20,000 are available for Black-led grassroots organisations and projects that remove barriers faced by Black women and girls, and help them progress.
The money comes from the CROWN UK Fund, created by Dove, and £170,000 will be invested overall.
Funders are looking for:
- Black-led or mixed-race-led organisations that approach Black women and girls in creative and innovative ways, to help them reach their full potential and create lasting change. Organisations do not have to be solely focused on women.
- Projects that celebrate and empower Black women and/or girls.
- Projects and organisations that address one or more of the following issues: appearance-based prejudice and discrimination, education and vocational training, emotional or psychological help, empowerment, individual growth and success, leadership and career planning, mentorship, or advocacy.
- Organisations that are already established as a charity, community project or social enterprise, making difference in their community.
- Organisations that can demonstrate the impact this funding would have, and their methods and ability to monitor and evaluate the project.
- The most compelling applications - not necessarily the best written.
If you need help with your application, such as measuring the impact of your work or demonstrating the need for it, please contact the Development Team at Voscur.
Applications close at 5pm on 21 January 2021. For more details and to apply, click here.