Funding To Help Fuel Poor Households Heat Their Homes (England, Scotland & Wales)
The Warm Homes Fund is a £150 million fund funded by the National Grid and administered by Affordable Warmth Solutions (AWS). The fund aims to help make households warmer, healthier and cheaper to heat. Running over 3-years and providing capital funding for the installation of affordable heating solutions in fuel poor households who do not use mains gas as their primary heating fuel. This can include:
• Condensing Gas
• Oil and LPG boilers
• Air and Ground Source Heat Pumps
• Bio Mass Boilers; etc.
The Fund is open to bids from local authorities, housing associations and their partners and is split in to three categories focusing on urban, rural and health-related solutions.
This funding round will focus on rural homes and communities – some of the most severely fuel poor households are those without a mains gas connection in rural locations.
Successful proposals will highlight:
• The number of fuel poor households supported
• Strategic fit with the Governments Fuel Poverty Strategy
• Value for money
• The benefit created i.e. energy efficiency increases and bill savings
• Strength of delivery plans, project management and assurance of delivery.
The closing date for applications is 28th September 2018.