Grants to Help Schools Celebrate National Science and Engineering Week 2018 (UK)
The British Science Association, with funding from the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, is providing grants for schools in challenging circumstances to organise their own science and engineering events.
There are two types of grant:
- Kick Start grant: a grant of up to £300 for your school to run an activity during British Science Week
- Kick Start More grant: a grant of up to £700 for your school to host a science event or activity which involves your students and the local community. The community can comprise of families/carers, members of local community groups, local businesses and local press
The type of activity you run is up to you and depends on your own priorities and the resources at your disposal.
To be eligible, schools must either:
- Have a high proportion (over 30%) of pupils eligible for the pupil premium or equivalent;
- Have a high proportion (over 30%) of pupils from ethnic minority backgrounds; and/or
- Be a small school based in a remote and rural location.
Applying for a grant is simple, but make sure to read the Kick Start grant guidelines carefully to give your application the best chance.
To apply fill in our online grant application form. All applications for British Science Week 2018 grants will close on 13 November 2017 at 12 noon.
If you have any questions, please contact the British Science Association: firstname.lastname@example.org