NCVO publishes Civil Society Almanac 2020
NCVO has published its latest research on the state of the UK’s VCSE sector.
The Civil Society Almanac is published annually, providing a comprehensive overview of facts and figures relating to the voluntary sector.
The data covers the financial years 2017-18 – the period immediately prior to the pandemic. Despite this, the analysis is in the context of the challenges that VCSE organisations face both today and in the future.
The key findings from this year’s report are:
- It is likely that we will see a shrinking sector in the short term
- Charities of different sizes may face different challenges as a result of the pandemic
- The number of employees in the sector is likely to decrease
- Coronavirus is likely to change the way in which volunteering takes place
- Recovery is possible but will take time and will vary by subsector