Tampon Tax Community Fund
The Tampon Tax Community Fund is being delivered locally across the UK through a partnership between the UK Community Foundations and its local community foundation members.
The purpose of the Tampon Tax Fund is to allocate the funds generated from the VAT on sanitary products to local projects that improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls across the UK.
The Fund aims to support women and girls who are most marginalised to overcome barriers that prevent them from fulfilling their potential.
Grants are available to local not-for-profit organisations for local projects that improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls in local communities across the UK.
Grants of between £5,000 and £10,000 are available for a duration of up to 12 months.
The Key Criteria are:-
- UK based organisations with a local or community reach can apply.
- Registered UK charities
- Constituted Community groups.
- Companies Limited by Guarantee with charitable aims.
- Community Interest Companies.
- Co-operatives - registered Community Benefit Societies and registered Industrial and Provident Societies.
- Credit Unions.
- Social Enterprises.
Priority will be given to:
- Women and girl organisations which are defined by this programme as:
- An organisation that has been established by women or girls and/or is led and staffed by women and girls.
- An organisation that has been established with the key aim of working with women and girls only.
- The majority of beneficiaries served by the organisation are, and will continue to be, women and girls, and the majority of the services will reflect this.
- Grassroots organisations offering localised support.
- Organisations working with beneficiaries with multiple disadvantages.
- User led organisations that have a clear understanding of the needs they are supporting.
- Sustainable projects that provide long-term solutions to the people they are helping.
Application Deadline: 26 October 2018 (Midday)
See the link for more infomation and how to apply