Voscurs voting deadline extended: make your nominations now
The nominations deadline for the next 'Voscurs', Bristol's social impact awards, has now been extended: you have until Thursday 20 December 2018 to nominate hard-working VCSE organisations. Whilst three of the six awards categories are decided by a panel of judges, the three remaining awards are decided by public vote. All six awards give important recognition from the rest of the local VCSE sector, and need your nominations to truly represent Bristol's voluntary, community and social enterprise groups.
Categories for the Voscurs are:
1) The Batook Pandya Award for Inclusion* - celebrating an organisation which champions diversity.
2) Community Leadership Award - showing your thanks to an individual whose commitment to volunteering, campaigning or leading others means they go above and beyond for local people.
3) Community Enterprise Award - championing a social enterprise which benefits the community and has really made an impact.
4) Evidence and Impact Award* - recognising the use of open data, evidence or research to improve services or demonstrate social value.
5) The Partnership Award* - promoting great partnerships and collaboration between organisations.
6) Fit for the Future Award - taking steps to adapt an organisation to meet the needs of service users, stakeholders and the public.
* = Award decided by judging panel
The awards ceremony will be held in late January 2019, to coincide with the VCSE Strategy official launch in Bristol. All nominees (and their nominators) will be invited to attend the awards and represent their organisation in person; see photos of the 2017 AGM and Voscurs on Flickr for a taste of what the evening will be like, and a glimpse of previous winners.
For full terms and conditions of Voscurs nominations, click here.