Wrap Litter Innovation Fund
The Litter Innovation Fund (LIF), is a £450,000 programme, funded by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG).
The Overall aim is to:
Reduce litter by funding innovative approaches to pilot, implement and evaluate small scale local research projects that could be replicated more widely.
How the fund works
The fund provides Grants up to £10,000. It is intended to be used to help investigate and implement innovative ways of reducing litter arisings. Standard litter picking activities are not in scope under this fund. A total of £45,000 of grant funding has been set aside for projects aimed specifically at reducing litter entering the marine environment.
To be eligible, the lead organisation must be one of the organisations listed below:
- Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Industrial Provident Society (IPS) or co-operatives
- Local Authorities (including principle authorities, parish, and/or town councils)
- National Park Authorities
- Broads Authorities
- Registered Social Landlords
- Development trust
- Faith group
- Educational institutions
- Scouts, Guides and National Citizen Service
- Business - Small to medium enterprises (SMEs) e.g. retail, food chains, event management etc.
For more information please click here