Purpose of job:
To coordinate and develop Bristol Refugee and Asylum Seeker Partnership’s (BRASP) services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work with the Partnership Development Officer, Refugee Participation Officer and BRASP Partnership Steering Group to develop and implement the BRASP Action Plan.
2. Build and maintain relationships with and between all BRASP organisations
3. Coordinate the way the BRASP organisations to work together and support and guide BRASP organisations to:
- Work together to ensure BRASP services are accessible, inclusive and collectively meet the needs of service users o Encourage and enable joint working by and between services
- Address barriers to inclusion
- Coordinate activities which address specific issues/needs as identified by the BRASP action plan/Partnership Steering group
- Ensure accessible information and promotion of BRASP services
- Develop and test a single point of entry
- Share knowledge, learning and experience
- Develop joint initiatives as directed by the Partnership Steering Group and wider BRASP membership.
4. Coordinate forums which enable collaborative working.
5. Work with the Refugee Participation to ensure the voices of service users and those who are experts by experience are considered and acted upon in all service planning, development and design.
6. Meet funder milestones, requirements and outcomes including contributing to evaluation and activities to share knowledge and impact.
7. Support the building of relationships between BRASP and organisations outside of BRASP.
8. Support the development of funding bids by and for BRASP.
BRR General Duties
1. Keep informed of relevant legislation, policy and good practice developments.
2. Contribute to other BRR projects from time to time.
3. Encourage the involvement of members and volunteers in all relevant aspects of planning and running Bristol Refugee Rights.
4. Provide support where appropriate to BRR campaigns
5. Work within the wider staff team of BRR, attend appropriate meetings, contribute to good communications between staff, volunteers and members and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the post
6. Work within BRR’s aims, objectives and policies. Promote equality and rights for asylum seekers, model positive behaviour and champion BRR’s equal opportunities policy
7. Take appropriate responsibility for safeguarding and health & safety within the relevant legislative and BRR policy frameworks.
8. Carry out additional duties in consultation with the line manager as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post.
Occasional evening and weekend working may be required by prior arrangement.
For more information about this role, please click here.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be acknowledged. Late applications unfortunately cannot be considered. We are also unable to accept CVs as applications. The closing date for applications is 9am on 1st December 2021.