Do you want to try something new on the weekends in 2022, surrounded by a supportive, patient and fun team? With lots of support, you will be the first point of contact for customers by phone and email, helping them with enquiries, arranging our vans to carry out local collections of donations across Bristol and explaining our Gift Aid scheme.
You will also be using our online collections system to process online donation requests and helping organise our van teams. Full training is provided from a friendly team - we like to have fun whilst making a difference!
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our Kingswood Furniture shop team led by Luke, Jack and Billy are a friendly bunch, and we are looking forward to welcoming new volunteers to the team in 2022 on weekends!
Typical tasks include:
· Dealing with phone and online enquiries, checking phone messages, organising van collections across Bristol using an online van diary
· Reception and front of house duties, helping around the cash desk
· Being organised and following administration procedures accurately
· Providing good customer service and assisting the shop team and Management
· Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation and your local community
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· 25 discount on donated goods for our volunteers
· The ability to gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexible shifts to suit you - 3 - 4 hours once on either Saturdays or Sundays is a huge help!
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Managers
Please note - we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
COVID precautions: We remain vigilant with regular cleaning schedules and encourage social distancing and face coverings.
Contact Jack or Luke at the shop for more information and to arrange an informal look round and to meet our friendly mob!