We are looking for an organised and friendly team player to provide admin and customer service support to our busy Sight Loss Advice Team in our Bristol office. The role will involve greeting visitors, conducting client catch up telephone calls, data entry, ensuring resources are kept up to date, general research tasks, and sending out mail to members. As a small but busy team, your support will be invaluable to the smooth running of our advice service.
Location: Unit 10, Vassall Centre, Gill Avenue, Bristol BS16 2QQ
What you will be doing?
You can expect to fulfil some (or all) of the following tasks:
- Welcoming clients and visitors to our Resource Centre
- Ensuring resource information is kept up to date and equipment is checked and cleaned
- Making telephone calls, including scheduled catch-up calls and registering new clients
- Inputting data into our client management database
- Sending out welcome packs to new clients
- Assisting the team with a variety of admin and research tasks
- Demonstrating daily living equipment to visitors to the centre (training will be given)
- Other ad hoc duties as required
What skills and experience are needed?
- Friendly patient and approachable
- Comfortable in a public-facing role
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Comfortable talking and listening over the telephone
- Good attention to detail
- Good team player
What will you gain from the role?
- The knowledge that you are contributing to the smooth running of the advice service, which makes a real difference to the lives of people living with sight loss
- Transferrable skills and experience in the areas of communication, IT, advice and guidance and team working.
- Experience of working with a range of different people
- Experience of working within a friendly team
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Training
- Out-of-pocket Expenses
- Supervision and support from the Volunteer Coordinator
- Additional training as appropriate
When will you be needed?
This can be flexible to fit around you
How often will you be needed?
A minimum contribution of 3 hours per week; 5 hours would be ideal
We would also ask that you commit to at least three months from start date
Two references and DBS check required prior to starting in role