Our shops are unique, as they not only offer retail to generate income to support the charity, but they also have a resource centre and consultation space where people living with sight loss in the local area can access information, advice and guidance. We will be opening our first Sight Support shop in Thornbury this summer and are seeking friendly and reliable volunteers to support the shop's daily activities.
Location: 18 High Street, Thornbury, BS35 2AH
What will you be doing?
- Assisting and serving customers
- Operating the till and money handling
- Processing stock donations
- Displaying donations and shop re-filling
- Housekeeping: ensuring the shop is always in a tidy and organised condition
- Shop merchandising and arranging window displays
- Promoting public understanding of the work of Wiltshire Sight and the importance of raising funds through the shop
What skills and experience are needed?
- A reliable and conscientious attitude
- Friendly, helpful, and understanding
- Effective listening and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and committed
What will you gain from the role?
- A portfolio of retail skills and knowledge
- Experience of working with a variety of people
- Experience of a team working environment
- A greater understanding of sight loss
What support will be given?
- Retail training
- Support from the Volunteer Coordinator
- Supervision from our Retail Team
- Additional training as appropriate
When will you be needed?
We currently have full availability and have no restrictions for joining the team.
How often will you be needed?
A minimum contribution of 2 hours per week would be preferred. A commitment of 4-hour shifts once or twice a week would be a fantastic support.
Two references required.