As an MDUK Volunteer, you can get involved in helping the charity in many ways. There are opportunities for you to work in Fundraising, Events, Social Media, Public Speaking or even become an Ambassador.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure that supporters have the resources they need to be successful in their fundraising. Understanding that as a smaller charity the resources we have available to our supporters and the best way to utilise them.
- Signpost to the RDM if you spot potential from a supporter.
- Be an enthusiastic MDUK ambassador, building its profile locally.
- Work with your Regional Development Manager to enable the role operates within MDUK's guidelines to ensure regulatory compliance.
Specific tasks may include:
- Researching potential targets for fundraising campaigns (e.g. lists of schools, voluntary groups, sports clubs, leisure centres etc).
- Building databases of contacts and keeping them up-to-date.
- Promoting fundraising by writing letters/invitations to inform contacts of events or charity.
- Undertaking posting out mailings of letters to contacts – this includes, printing, stamping and posting.
- Providing your Regional Development Manager with research reports within agreed timeframes.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Organisational, communication and time management skills so you can work effectively with a wide range of people.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to maintain good records.
- A welcoming, friendly manner.
- The ability to make balanced decisions to help meet the needs of local people affected by a muscle wasting condition.
- A positive attitude to make things happen.
- Strong research skills, particularly in using the internet to conduct research.
- The ability to work well with staff and other volunteers as part of a team but also able to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to respond proactively to new opportunities.
- Can volunteer flexible hours.
What you’ll get out of the role:
- Meet new people in your community, make new friends and work as part of our skilled and friendly fundraising team.
- Learn and develop useful leadership, teamwork, fundraising, management, organisation and communication skills.
- Make a valuable contribution to the success of the charity.
- Enjoy a flexible volunteering opportunity that you can fit around your lifestyle.
- Undertake relevant training by MDUK.
If you are interested in volunteering for Muscular Dystrophy UK, then please email: email@example.com