BHN provides accommodation for people seeking asylum who would otherwise be homeless and destitute. We have a 12- bedroom shared men's house in East Bristol, which is supported by live in 'hosts', a House Co-ordinator, and our lovely volunteers.
All the people who live there clean and cook, and they all eat together on Tuesday evenings.
House volunteers support our members, house hosts and House Co-ordinator by:
● providing practical support to members and sharing knowledge of local services.
● feeding back any concerns about members, or health and safety, to the House Co ordinator.
● being a friendly face and creating a positive, happy atmosphere helping to reduce feelings of isolation.
● eating a shared meal with members, playing games and talking
● supporting house members to keep the house clean, tidy and safe.
You'll have good listening and communication skills, a friendly, positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to get stuck in.
We're also looking for people with good computer skills to assist residents with using laptops, emails, internet.
Full details in the attached volunteer role descriptions.
Volunteer application form attached