The Children and Families Partnership Board (CFPB) plans, commissions and delivers services that promote the health and wellbeing of children, young people and families in Bristol
More information about the board can be viewed here: https://www.bristol.gov.uk/policies-plans-strategies/social-care-and-health/children-and-families-partnership-board
The CFPB has four challenge groups , which are:
1. Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
2. Joint Health Outcomes
4. Think Family
The SEND Challenge Group is currently looking for a VCSE organisation member with relevant knowledge, experience and expertise of working with children, young people and families with SEND, and with experience of commissioning services.
The role will also include liaising with the Voscur Advocates on the CFPB. and other challengee groups. Contact details are available here: https://www.voscur.org/services/influence/advocacy
The SEND Challenge Group will:
1. lead, support and evaluate the effectiveness of the implementation of the SEND Reforms (including the SEND Code of Practice 2015).
2. share any new commissioning or service redesign plans relating to SEND at an early stage and look to maximise opportunities for joint commissioning in partnership.
3. oversee all work relating to SEND, other than that where oversight clearly belongs at another group (e.g. safeguarding). This includes the full, broad scope of SEND services (e.g. the Local Offer, Social Communication and Interaction Needs Pathway, developing the Interaction Needs Pathway Plan, Schools Forum).
4. actively seek to support related service development and review work, such as Early Years Inclusion, Youth Offending Team commissioning, Sensory Support and Alternative Learning Provision.
Click here for the Voscur Advocates' role description.
Dates of meetings: Tuesday 2 January 2018, Tuesday 27 February 2018, Tuesday 1 May 2018, Wednesday 4 July 2018.
If you have the necessary knowledge and expertise, work for a local VCSE sector organisation and are interested in joining this group please complete the nomination form.