For-ethiopia (Registered Charity 1108526) was formed in 2004 and has been carrying out development projects in the Ejere region of Ethiopia, providing clean water, equipping schools and health clinics and increasing educational opportunities for rural girls.
It remains a small charity with the aim of maximising the amount of money that goes towards our projects through having a dedicated network of voluntary trustees and associates. We have no paid staff or offices in the UK.
We currently have six Trustees and are looking to add two more to the board to bring additional skills into the organisation.
The role of trustee is a voluntary position and requires dedication to For-ethiopia’s development, ensuring that it fulfils its charitable purpose for the public benefit. All our trustees are ambassadors for our work. Experience of representing organisations both internally and externally at a senior level is also desirable.
Specific skills required:
We are primarily looking for people to fulfil two roles:
Any of the following skills would be an advantage:
• To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees' role in giving firm strategic direction to For-ethiopia, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
• To safeguard the good name and values of For-ethiopia.
• To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the For-ethiopia Trust.
• To ensure the financial stability of For-ethiopia.
• To protect and manage the property of For-ethiopia and to ensure the proper investment of its funds.
• To ensure the Trust complies with its governing document (Trust deed) and pursues its mission applying its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives - the charity must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objectives, no matter how 'charitable' and 'worthwhile' those activities are.
• Where appropriate, use your own specialist skills, knowledge or experience to assist the Board to make sound business decisions
For further information please email Robert Grieve on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel you have the time to commit to this important and challenging role, please send a brief covering letter (1 page) and CV to email@example.com.
We will then be in touch with successful applicants to arrange a brief meeting to discuss the role further. We will respond to all applicants.