- Arrange for all the day-to-day administrative work is performed e.g. filing of mail and papers received, responding to letters etc
- Handle financial transactions and record keeping in consultation with the Treasurer
- Ensure Refresh Bedminster had all the appropriate insurances, licences and documents in line with regulations, including ensuring new volunteers are DBS checked
- Taking overall responsibility for the development and maintenance of IT systems, including software licences, maintaining backups and passwords and arranging appropriate maintenance of equipment
- Keeping volunteer details up-to-date, passing them on to relevant staff members and team leaders- Working with the Trustees to help prepare, submit and track funding applications, and ensuring the resulting funds are used as required
- Taking overall responsibility for data protection, health and safety and fire safety
- Plus other duties as laid out in the official job description, as well general maintenance of the office's computer systems. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 908 6015.
About Refresh Bristol (Bedminster Branch)
We are a Bedminster-based Christian charity set up to bring positive improvement to the lives of the marginalised and wider populations of Bedminster and South Bristol. We aim to address both spiritual and social needs through a holistic approach, as many in South Bristol struggle with such issues as poverty and social exclusion. Our current projects include a community cafe, a foodbank, meals for the homeless and a prayer room available for the public to use.
What are they looking for?
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Computer literacy and ability/experience in using Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as the internet; websites etc
- Good telephone manner
- Able to coordinate, organise and delegate to volunteers
1 minimum day 10am-3pm
Travel expenses reimbursed
Free lunch provided for full day volunteering - lovely homemade food.