The National Centre for Integrative Medicine (NCIM) is creating a model for whole-person healthcare and wellbeing that can be adopted by mainstream medicine in the future and by patients right now.
NCIM is an accredited teaching centre and offers training for healthcare professionals to develop their practice and support their patients. Our training is research and practice led, with global experts delivering both face to face and distance learning education.
We also deliver patient services and medical research, all directed towards our health and wellbeing agenda: that wellbeing means wellness within all parts of a person’s life.
Under the direction of NCIM’s Academic Director, the Academic Administrator provides administrative, co-ordination, event management and clerical/secretarial support to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of NCIM’s academic programmes.
The post holder will liaise with health professionals at all levels, both within and outside the NHS and provide the main point of contact for NCIM’s academic department. S/he is an integral part of the academic team and will provide support to teaching staff, co-ordinate communication with students, and ensure that promotional materials for our education programmes are developed and shared with the right audiences.
This post reports to the Business Development and Operations Manager, works closely with the Chief Executive and the academic team, and alongside other members of the core team (Clinical Services Administrator, Finance Director, Bookkeeper).
1. To provide total administration for all academic courses and study days (e.g. communications, event management and tutor liaison)
2. To provide administrative support to academic meetings and assist in the planning, development and evaluation of all academic courses
3. To assist in the development and maintenance of the online Learning Management System and Student Records
4. To create, produce and distribute all communications, promotional materials and course information to potential applicants for our long programmes as well as delegates for one-day training events
5. To curate and manage contact lists to communicate with organisations and individuals about the training programmes
6. To ensure all exams undertaken by healthcare professionals run smoothly, and invigilate them as required
7. To attend all the main study days, and arrange the transport of all course material, display material, teaching aids, including audio-visual/computers, and text books
8. To support financial management of the academic programmes:
a. ensure all fees for the courses are correctly invoiced and banked
b. purchase and invoice for materials as required
c. manage petty cash transactions
d. prepare annual statement of accounts in collaboration with the Finance Director and ensure all interim accounting is correctly recorded
9. To be responsible for the sale of educational materials including books
10. To provide additional administrative support to the NCIM core office as required
Whilst the purpose of this role should remain constant, the duties and responsibilities may vary according to the needs of the organisation. The job holder should therefore retain a flexible approach to the duties and responsibilities and be prepared to undertake such tasks as may be required.
Click here for full job description and person specification
Please send your curriculum vitae and a supporting letter explaining your interest in and suitability for the role
Deadline for applications: 5pm Tuesday 11 December
Interviews will be held on Friday 14 December