Many Minds was constituted by the Charity Commission as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation CIO in November 2017. We are just over a year old and have already experienced rapid growth. This a key phase and trustees will have an opportunity to have strategic input and be part of a dynamic team doing some groundbreaking and exciting work. Arts in mental health is increasingly becoming recognised and this is an opportunity to help to shape and influence. We work in a very inclusive way and trustees will have the opportunity to experience our work, build relationships with our members and be a part of creative practices that we exercise from the Board through the organisation. We are looking for a Trustee with previous experience of being on a charity board to join the team to support the Chair with providing guidance in charity governance and mentor new Board members from the membership to come on to the Board.
Trustee role description
Trustee person specification
All Trustees must demonstrate:
1. A commitment to the organisation, its cause and demonstrate an understanding of mental health and its impact.
2. A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
3. Strategic vision.
4. Good, independent judgment.
5. An ability to think creatively.
6. A willingness to speak their mind.
7. An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
8. An ability to work effectively as a member of a team. .
9. A commitment to working within Many Minds’ values and principles of working.
The recruitment process will be a two way process to make sure that you are the right fit for Many Minds and that we are the right fit for you.
If you are interested in applying, please send us some background information about yourself and why you are interested in the role to email@example.com. If we both agree to progress this further, you will be invited for an informal conversation with a trustee and staff member. The next stage would be to observe a Board meeting. If the process has gone well, and you still wish to be on the Board, in line with our charitable constitution, the current Board members will make a decision.
Please get in touch if you have any access needs for the application process or wish to discuss anything about the role further. (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07843 210272).