WALK IT is our flagship awareness and fundraising series of events. These community-orientated walks take place in locations across the UK, bringing together a wide variety of people affected by Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Our Bristol walk takes place on 18th May 2019, and
by volunteering with us you’ll be vital to making the events a great success. This on-the-day role will include some of the tasks mentioned below, depending upon your role allocation:
• Meet and greet all walkers at the entrance to the event village.
• Provide information to walkers regarding the event & route(s).
• To register those attendees who turn up on the day and wish to participate.
• To check-in those who have registered in the last 2 weeks before the event date.
• Provide necessary information to walkers regarding the event & route(s).
• To assemble and coordinate walkers at the beginning of each wave.
• Help event management team with safety of walkers and pedestrians at the start
• Greet walkers as they finish - congratulate them and give each walker a medal and free bottled water.
• Most importantly - to clap, wave, cheer and generally encourage our walkers as they pass by.
• Ensure route pathways are kept clear and that impact to passers-by and general public is minimised.
• Direct walkers, answer questions and ensure they are clear as to how to reach the next marshal point.
• Act as the “eyes and ears” of the Event Manager along the route, and alert them promptly by calling the Emergency Phone Number in the event of any accident/incident affecting walkers or volunteers.
We are looking for:
• People who are enthusiastic, friendly, creative, flexible, fun and willing to get stuck in!
• Good Communication, Interpersonal, Listening, Teamwork and Problem-Solving Skills
• You'll need to be available on the day of the event from 9am to 3pm
• You will also need to be physically mobile and ‘on your feet’ at certain points throughout the day