With a 40 year history behind us in Bristol, we are proud of our roots and achievements, supporting brain injured survivors and their families and carers. 2019 looks to be another year of expansion and growth as we continue to meet the increasing demand for our service and choosing the right staff to give that support remains crucial to our Charity operation.
We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• To meet both individual and group needs of the brain injured by enabling them to maximise their independence by offering activities within and outside of the centre.
• supporting our adult service users in their homes or out and about in the community
• working with them to help develop their social and cognitive skills as part of their rehabilitation programme
• help individuals regain their confidence, learn new skills and redevelop old ones.
Requirements & Skills
• applicants must have a NVQ2 qualification in Health care or equivalent qualification/experience
• a full driving license and use of a car is essential for this role
• the ability to demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and be able to use own initiative
• An awareness and/or understanding of the sensory, cognitive and physical disability of a person who has sustained a brain injury or other similar condition such as stroke, dementia or mental health would be a distinct advantage.
• Our core services are delivered Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm
• Hourly rate commences at £8.82 per hour (£16,056 pa full time/pro rata) and rises to £9.04 per hour upon successful completion of a six month probationary period.
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
• Free parking on site
• Stakeholder pension.
• Training and development programme
To apply please forward a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Headway Bristol is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.