This summer a new community gardening project is due to launch in Bath. A local carehome will be opening it's doors to make way for all those wanting to spend time gardening and growing alongside the older members of their community. The aim of this project is to break down any barriers between older people living in care and their wider community. It aims to bring people together across generations through a shared love of gardening. This is a great opportunity for all those wanting to give back to their community and gain experience in any of the following areas:
- Being part of a community engagement initiative
- Working in a care home or working with older people
- Reducing social isololation among older people
- Volunteering on an intergenerational project
- Gaining experience in gardening or Growing
Initially we will be looking for people to help clear the space ready for the growing to begin. After this Sue James the carehome actvities coordinator will be looking for volunteers to take part in the project, to accompany carehome residents in gardening activities and to tend the garden on a flexible basis.