Family Support Volunteer in the Bristol / Bath area
Could you support a family with a seriously ill child by offering help with practical tasks, supporting children and young people and offering emotional support for the whole family?
Duties could include:
We offer 6 hours of training and regular supervision from experienced Family Support Workers and the Volunteer Project Manager. We won’t ask you to do anything unless you feel ready
About Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity
Rainbow Trust Children's Charity provides practical and emotional support to families who have a child with a life threatening or terminal illness. We have a strong and expanding volunteer network, offering a wide range of opportunities
What are we looking for?
• An ability to build relationships and good communication and active listening skills
• Able to be non-judgmental
• A motivation to work with children and young people often with a serious health need
• A willingness to work independently at times
• Able to follow boundaries and ways of working given in training
Let us know if you're interested and we’ll talk you through it, answer any questions and if you’re still interested we’ll look to sign you up
There a quick application form attached which you can send if you want (you don''t have to)