Are you an enthusiastic fundraising professional seeking your next challenge? Want to support the success of an ambitious charity that is empowering young disabled people to fulfil their musical potential? If so, read on.
Who will I be working for?
Founded in 2007, Open Up Music is an award-winning charity on a mission to make orchestras accessible to young disabled people. We deliver ambitious national programmes to raise standards in music education for young people with SEND and are working towards a future where orchestras are open to everyone.
Proud of our fully accessible office, we are also a Disability Confident Committed employer and offer a Guaranteed Interview Scheme for all disabled applicants.
We’re now looking for a Fundraising Assistant to join us on a part time basis for an initial one year contract that has the potential to extend. Internally, this role is known as Development Assistant.
Are there any benefits?
- Salary of £23,000 pro rata
- Flexible working
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhance your experience with an innovative charity
- 28 days holiday pro rata
This is an amazing opportunity to strengthen your skill-set in a number of areas and work with a talented team who are truly passionate about what they do.
It’s an exciting time of growth at Open Up Music. You'll contribute to our trust fundraising and you’ll have the chance to help the team establish new streams of income, including corporate, major donor and individual giving.
So, if you’re looking to take on an engaging part time role where you can make a real difference in a short space of time, we’d love to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
As a Fundraising Assistant, you will help to generate income from donors across all areas of fundraising.
You’ll focus on building relationships with current and prospective donors, identifying research opportunities, writing small trust applications and reports and contributing to larger trust applications.
Specifically, you will:
- Research and identify corporate prospects
- Submit funding bids
- Write small trust applications and reports
- Establish low-level individual giving processes with the support of the Development Manager
- Help the Development Manager to steward high net worth individuals and large trust relationships
- Research and identify corporate networking opportunities
- Arrange site visits from funders
What will I need?
To join us as a Fundraising Assistant, you will need:
- At least one year’s experience in a fundraising role
- Experience of contributing to trust applications and reports
- Some experience with spreadsheets, diary management and email management
- IT skills, including proficiency with email, Google Docs and Sheets and/or MS Excel and Word
- Sound numeracy skills and some knowledge of financial processes
- Great planning skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
The closing date for applications is the 26th August 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 3rd September 2019.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Open Up Music is an equal opportunities employer and in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. We are Disability Confident Committed, offer a Guaranteed Interview Scheme for disabled applicants, and our office is fully accessible.
So, if you’re looking to take on a rewarding contract as a Fundraising Assistant, please apply by completing our application form.
If you would like to find out more about the role, please contact our Development Manager, Molly Burn, on email@example.com or 07412 740571 for a chat.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Fundraising Assistant application’.