As a fundraiser you will assist the local fundraising team in promoting and taking part in a variety of events and activities to raise money for Guide Dogs. The time commitment can be very flexible and fit around your daily life and other commitments. This role is a great way to support Guide Dogs whilst being part of a friendly, social group where you can meet and speak with many different people.
What does the role involve?
You will have the chance to take part in some or all of the following:
• Street collections on ‘flag’ days
• Help on stalls at local events
• Take Collection Boxes to local businesses
• Attending local events organized by Branches or Community Fundraiser and keeping track of what we sell on our stalls
• Count donations
• Fundraisers are usually members of the local fundraising group
In your local area, often outdoors at different events and locations
What skills or experience are required?
• Good communication skills
• Working as part of a team
What will I get out of it?
• A chance to chat with members of the public about Guide Dogs
• Have fun and a sense of satisfaction taking part in fundraising events and collections
• Providing support to Guide Dogs to enable it to provide guide dogs and other mobility services that increase the independence and dignity of blind and partially-sighted people
• An opportunity to build experience for your CV
• Fundraisers have the chance to get more involved in organizing activities by joining their local committee
What support / training will I get?
• Regular and ongoing support from your branch and Guide Dogs
• Payment of out of pocket expenses
This is a social, often public facing role where you attend different activities and events in your local area. This role would be good for someone who is friendly, has good communication skills and enjoys talking to people, You may be stood up at events but are more that welcome to bring your own chair if necessary. This role is also very flexible and you are able to attend those events and activities which fit in around other commitments you have.
All of our roles are advertised primarily through our website. To find out more about the role that you are interested in and other roles that we have available and to apply please visit: