Could you be one of our new Volunteer receptionist?
Kinergy is a specialist service for survivors of sexual violence, sexual abuse and/or rape. We are based in Kingswood and have over 20 years’ experience working with volunteers in many different ways to provide support and raising awareness.
Kinergy was founded in 1996 and currently offers support through:
- one to one counselling for up to 24 weeks
- group therapy up to 20 weeks
- psycho-educational groups
- coffee morning support group (drop in once a month)
We understand how sexual violence, sexual abuse and rape can affect all areas of a client’s life. We aim to provide clients with a safe, accepting and supportive environment so that they can come to terms with the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.
The role of the receptionist is key to creating a welcoming and supportive culture at Kinergy, making the process of arranging appointments, phone calls from clients and agencies and paperwork maintenance as smooth as possible.
Activities will include:
- Providing a welcoming reception to clients and counsellors.
- Answering phone calls and emails.
- Taking messages and passing information onto counsellors and staff
- Welcoming and directing visitors to the agency.
- Ensuring that all resources are available for the smooth running of the work Kinergy does
- Time: We are asking for a commitment of 4-12 hours per week. The days these hours will be worked are flexible to suit the successful candidate.
The qualities and skills required for this role are:
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to liaise with service users, project staff and volunteers in a caring and accessible way
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Understanding of the needs of clients who have experienced sexual abuse
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook and basic Excel
- Ability to complete induction training and other essential training required
Please send in a completed application alone with an equal opputunities form to:
Deadline for applications is Friday 13th September at 6pm.
Please do contact us if you are interested in the role but want to find out more on
0117 908 7712