We have a rewarding opportunity available for a Female Housing Assistant to join our team based across Bristol and South Glos. You will join us on full time, permanent basis working 37.5 hours per week on a rota system and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £19,554 per annum and benefits.
Established in 1999, Next Link is the leading provider of domestic abuse services to women and children in Bristol and South Gloucestershire. At Next Link we are committed to providing holistic, empowering and personalised support and advocacy to women and children experiencing domestic abuse. With a focus on survivor’s safety and recovery; we believe the provision of flexible support tailored to survivors need’s can be transforming, helping to maximise independence and self-determination so survivors can make informed choices.
In return for joining us, we will offer you:
- Up to 30 days annual leave (depending on length of service)
- 3 extra holidays including International Women’s Day
- Excellent development and training opportunities
- Employer pension contribution (minimum 5% of your gross salary)
- Mindful Employer Plus Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Wellness Awards
About the role:
As our Female Housing Assistant, you would be working as part of a dedicated housing team, within our supported housing services across Missing Link and Next Link. You will be responsible for the delivery of a high quality client housing management service. You will also oversee the housing provided as part of our accommodation based services;
- providing accommodation and housing related support to women with complex needs living in our high and medium level shared supported accommodation
- providing accommodation for women fleeing domestic abuse in our safe-houses and complex needs safe-house in Bristol and South Glos.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Female Housing Assistant:
- Ensuring we provide, safe, high standard homes for our service users through overseeing repairs and required health and safety checks, liaising with landlords and contractors;
- Empowering and informing women to meet the financial responsibilities of their tenancy or licence through the following of organisational rent and arrears procedures;
- Assuring our rooms are available for new service users when they most need it, by ensuring quick void turnarounds in line with internal deadlines;
- Working closely with our support service teams to help residents understand and comply with the obligations of their licence or tenancy.
This is not an exhaustive list of your duties and outlines the general ways in which it is expected you will meet the overall requirements of this post.
What we are looking for in our ideal Female Housing Assistant:
- A minimum of two years’ significant experience working with people with mental health needs, or people with complex and multiple needs (for example, homelessness, alcohol/drug dependency, long term conditions, domestic abuse and sexual violence)
- Experience of support planning and managing risk assessments
- The ability to maintain hope and optimism for the individual with high expectations for recovery
- Manage caseload, documentation and time effectively, ensuring up to date and clear record keeping in line with policies and procedures
- A current, full driving licence and access to an appropriate vehicle is essential as this role includes travel throughout Bristol and South Glos
If you are passionate about ensuring vulnerable women have a safe, comfortable place to live, please apply now to join us as our Female Housing Assistant and contribute to the valuable work Next Link and its wider services, delivering hope and support to survivors of domestic violence and abuse.
The role is closing at 9am on Monday 2nd September 2019 and interviews will be held on Tuesday 10th September 2019.
We would love to hear from you so please get in touch.