To support the Fundraising & Marketing department with a variety of tasks across areas such as fundraising, marketing, awareness building, office administration, event planning and preparation. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone looking for experience working within a fundraising team or indeed anyone seeking to gain experience in the voluntary sector.
Duration: 3-6 months with possibility for extension
Number of hours per week: 1 session per week, 3-7 hours depending on availability
Location: The Pituitary Foundation National Support Office, 86 Colston Street, Bristol, BS1 5BB. (Reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed).
Responsible to: Head of Fundraising/Senior Foundation Administrator
Closing Date: Mon 30th Sept at midday (Please note: applications will be reviewed as they come in and we reserve the right to close applications earlier if a suitable candidate is found)
The placement will be varied and will cover several different activities. Tasks may include but are not limited to the following:
• Sending out fundraising packs and awareness materials.
• Inputting and sending out publication and merchandise orders.
• Entering data into our in-house CRM database, Subscriber.
• Preparing fundraising and publication packs.
• Assisting with direct mailings e.g. appeal letters and raffle tickets.
• Sending thank you letters/emails.
• Assisting with trust fundraising e.g. researching and writing applications.
• Tracking Just Giving donations.
• Assisting with organisation of small-scale and seasonal fundraising events.
• Maintain regular ‘Fundraiser of the Week’ feature on social media.
• Contributing to promotional fundraising emails using Mail Chimp.
• Apply for collections at supermarkets.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of tasks
Personal qualities and criteria
• To be able to work under own initiative, instruction from others and as part of a team.
• Ability to use computer programmes such as Outlook, Publisher, Word and Excel.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Good organisation skills and attention to detail.
• Confident and polite telephone manner.
• Preference will be given to applicants who are studying a course/degree in a related
discipline or those who can demonstrate a desire in pursuing a career in fundraising within
the charity sector.
• A commitment to the work of The Pituitary Foundation and understanding of the charity’s
aims and our policies. Understanding and signing the policies and code of conduct on
volunteering for The Foundation.
To apply, please download the Role Description and Application Form below. Please complete the Application Form in full and email along with a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please feel free to contact Miranda Payne, Senior Foundation Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 370 1312.