Who are we?
We are Many Minds, a Bristol based mental health charity that facilitate creative spaces and make performances that put people who identify with experiences of mental ill-health in the driver’s seat as a way to break down stigma and trigger generosity and equality. We work with individuals to engage with their creativity, improve confidence, self-esteem and build social skills and networks. We run weekly workshops in theatre making skills to devise and create high quality contemporary performance.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person with some experience of fundraising to help us raise awareness, build relationships and raise valuable funds for Many Minds at an exciting stage of growth for the charity.
Activities will include:
- Research charitable trusts and foundations and draft funding applications on behalf of Many Minds.
- Making contact with local business and companies to get them involve in campaigns and awareness raising opportunities including The Big Give Christmas Challenge, World Mental Health Day and Mental Health Awareness Week.
- Maintain a contacts database of supporters and draft communications and thank yous to individual donors.
- Assist in fundraising events that the charity is involved in.
- Occassionally deliver leaflets and promotional materials.
- Approaching stakeholders and external parties regarding event donations (such as raffle prizes) and event promotion.
- Liaising with staff and trustees to develop a strategy plan.
- We're asking for a commitment of between 1 – 2 days a week, and at events as necessary (advanced notice will be given).
- Excellent and communication interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- An interest in the charity sector and some experience of fundraising.
- Understanding of confidentiality.
- An interest in mental health and the arts.
- A willingness to complete necessary training.
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing your interest in the role and any relevant experience you have to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply in another way (eg. audio or video applications) or have any other access needs, please get in touch with us.
07843 210 272